Austin ArtWorks Festival Community Sing 2016. Photos by Tim Rietz.
Spring has Sprung!
Here's a plan for your spring sing.
- Use the book "Rise Up Singing"
- Start with the Outdoors section
- Sprinkle in a few seeds from the other sections
- Ta-Da! Green fun of sonic bliss.
Step 1: Borrow a batch of songbooks for free from us (see below)
Step 2: Here's your set list:
- Oh What a Beautiful Morning (page 154)
Great any time of day!
- De Colores (152)
- Country Roads (150)
- Edelweis (152)
- Over the Rainbow (31) Let's slow it down with a ballad
- Lean on Me (66) Making it through the Trump first 100 days
- Happy Wanderer (153)
- White Coral Bells Not in the book, just sing it
- Flower Carol 152 Old tune, old words from 1592
- Sound of Music (156)
- Daisy Bell (77) Also known as Daisy, Daisy
- What the World Needs Now (120)
- Don't forget to check the keys, make sure it's not too low or too high to sing
- Practice leading-- it never hurts
- Call us if you're panicking
The songbook lending library holds 200 copies of Rise Up Singing and 200 copies of Rise Again.
How to borrow books:
- Reserve: call Mary at 612-205-8615, and arrange details and a pick-up time.
- Pick-Up: available by pre-arrangement only, in south Minneapolis.
- Minimum loan: one tub (about 20 books). Books are in waterproof tubs.
- Cost: FREE, but lost book replacement fee is $30 per book
- Return: Just tell us when you'll return them, and we'll agree on a meeting place.
Songbook Lending Library: Borrow Songbooks for your event - see info above.